Hi there! I thought I’d share some baking with you, just to prove that I’m not only all about the sewing.
I based these on this recipe, with a few minor adjustments. The recipe called for 1 egg plus one egg yolk, but I hate splitting eggs, so I replaced the yolk with a dollop of yoghurt.
White Chocolate Matcha Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour (I used a gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tbsp matcha (green tea) powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (I used raw sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 180g white choc chips, or roughly chopped white chocolate
Preheat oven to 325F (165C)
Beat butter & sugars until creamy.
Beat in vanilla, egg & yoghurt.
Sift in flour, matcha powder, baking soda & salt. Mix until dough is just blended. Fold in white chocolate.
Drop spoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until just browning around the edges. Cool on trays for a couple of minutes, then transfer onto wire racks.
I ran 7.1km this morning. I think I earned a couple of cookies 🙂
Wait, let’s have a closeup.